Toledo, Ohio, United States
Maintenance Manufacturing Leadership Program (June 2021)Job ID 55082
The Leadership programs at Owens Corning provide an opportunity for highly skilled and motivated candidates to participate in a dynamic learning experience while contributing to our company’s change agenda: Winning with Our Customers and Growing Our People. As a program participant you will be encouraged to find innovative ways to create value while consistently improving results.
Maintenance Manufacturing Leadership Program participants complete two years of their program at an Owens Corning manufacturing plant for technical and leadership training. During this time, participants will be mentored by seasoned maintenance and engineering professionals. They will be challenged by the varied leadership opportunities found in a manufacturing environment.
Plant based development includes:
- Safety leadership
- Project engineering
- Reliability processes
- Maintenance planning activities
- Supervisory leadership
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Total Productive Maintenance methodologies
In addition, the participant will be expected to develop the following competencies essential to be an effective manufacturing leader:
- Customer driven
- Analytics & data based decision making
- Works effectively and cooperatively with others
- Elevates performance of self and others
- Inspirational leadership
At the conclusion of their training, the Maintenance Manufacturing Leadership Program graduates are placed in a full-time assignment as a maintenance supervisor/leader, reliability engineer or project engineer. Placement upon graduation is expected at a manufacturing plant in North America.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited school
- Previous relevant internships/co-ops in a manufacturing setting
- Demonstrated leadership in professional, service, or social organizations
- Willingness and flexibility to relocate (assistance provided)
LOCATION OF ASSIGNMENTS:
Participants are based at various manufacturing sites in the US, including: Amarillo, TX, Delmar, NY, Fairburn, GA, Irving, TX, Jackson, TN, Medina, OH, Newark, OH, Santa Clara, CA, Starr, SC and Waxahachie, TX.