Toledo, Ohio, United States
Manufacturing Engineering Co-Op (Spring 2020)Job ID 53476
At Owens Corning, interns and co-ops are treated like our employees – given real responsibility with the right support to succeed and drive business impact at an Owens Corning manufacturing plant. As a Manufacturing Engineering intern/co-op, you will gain exposure to technical challenges and can drive impact in areas such as: safety leadership, process improvement, productivity, waste elimination, and total productive maintenance.
- Real work experience with challenging and meaningful assignments
- Networking opportunities and exposure to senior leadership
- Formal and informal personal and professional development activities
- Project-specific training
- Housing stipend
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Ceramics Engineering, Materials Science, or an equivalent field from an accredited school
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Previous relevant internships/co-ops in a manufacturing setting
- Demonstrated leadership in professional, service, or social organizations
- Willingness and flexibility to relocate
LOCATION OF ASSIGNMENTS:
Participants are based at various manufacturing sites in the US, including: Atlanta, GA, Delmar, NY, Denver CO, Fairburn, GA, Houston, TX, Irving, TX, Jackson, TN, Kansas City, KS, Medina, OH, Newark, OH, Santa Clara, CA, Starr, SC, Waxahachie, TX
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.