Toledo, Ohio, United States
MRO Process Lead, Indirect SourcingJob ID 54301
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The MRO Process Lead is an individual contributor in the Global Indirect Sourcing organization and is responsible for establishing the strategic direction, processes, tools and systems required for OC to operate and manage cost efficient day-to-day global MRO program operations. Key to success in this role will be partnering with functional stakeholders across the business and developing actionable data analytics to evaluate and inform MRO programs, measure program effectiveness, evaluate supplier performance and prioritize improvement initiatives which ultimately enable the fulfillment of productivity goals. The MRO Process Lead will inspire innovation, reduce cost, improve process efficiency/quality, and support the development of a “best-in-class” Global Indirect Sourcing organization.
Reports to: Global Category Leader - MRO
Span of Control: 0
Trusted Business Partner
- Establish and build strong relationships with key business leaders and decision makers across the globe; ensure constant contact so that there is a shared vision and alignment on processes, tools, and systems required to deliver the most efficient MRO system for OC.
- Connect the functional organization to the broader Global Sourcing organization. Strive to strengthen and add value to the entire Global Sourcing organization through active participation, challenging established norms and proactive knowledge sharing.
- Build insight and knowledge of the complete MRO process value chain and GBS (Global Business Services) capabilities as deployed by OC to develop and communicate KPIs and confidence in the vision of a world class MRO system.
- Lead and manage the negotiation of contractual relationships and BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) relationships
Supplier Relationship Management
- Build insight and knowledge of the supplier base, their business, what is necessary for the supplier to be successful, and the value that our current and future global supplier base delivers
- Ensure operations are consistent with the global supplier code of conduct and OC values.
- Develop strong business relationships with all levels of key supplier base with focus on senior levels appropriately.
- Develop strong understanding of key supplier industries through “outside in” perspective and regularly calibrate the contemporary state of this perspective.
- Benchmark key BPO suppliers and MRO processes regularly.
- Negotiate and execute key contractual relationships where and when appropriate.
Strategic Sourcing Expertise
- MRO Process Lead has overall responsibility to ensure attainment of the MRO process vision and the strategies/tactics that OC will deploy to support overall productivity goals.
- The MRO Process vision and strategy will be attained through alignment with the Global Category Leader – MRO, the MRO team and engagement with appropriate resources from the broader Sourcing function, GIS, corporate functions and business stakeholders.
- Vision and strategy development will detail the MRO process value chain to ensure that OC drives productivity in overall cost, MRO inventory position, and transactional costs reductions.
- Deep understanding of OC’s ERP PR2PO processes and controls will be utilized to improve process, and champion effective outcomes.
Supporting Global Talent Management
- This position is active in ensuring they are meeting Global Sourcing Key Capabilities core foundational skills.
- Effectively participates in the performance management and talent evaluation process.
- Actively pursues personal development with strong self-awareness and openness to coaching.
- Supports peers throughout the function by providing feedback and coaching.
- Regular MRO process reviews with Global Sourcing NLT and key stakeholders
- Monthly tracking of MRO program metrics, including MRO PR2PO KPIs, program compliance, supplier performance, etc.
- Effective project management and delivery of process improvement actions
- Positive engagement with BPO partners to optimize MRO PR2PO processes
- Sets annual goals & objectives with Global Category Leader – MRO
- Change management programming and stakeholder buy-in of MRO process vision
- Adoption by OC network of new MRO processes that leads lower execution costs
- An undergraduate degree in business, finance, engineering or related field of study; MBA preferred.
- 5 plus years of global sourcing, procurement (PR2PO) or relevant business or commercial experience (engineering, operations, finance, general management) with progressive responsibilities.
- Project management that drives impact, strong results and leads change.
- Demonstrated strategy development and results in MRO or related sourcing space.
- Strong business system (SAP), office productivity tools, and equivalent systems capabilities
- Extensive experience in a global sourcing organization or relevant business/commercial experience with progressive responsibilities and success in leading a function.
- Experience in creating and implementing strategies at a comprehensive and global level within a corporate environment.
- Results and impact-driven business partner with experience in influencing decisions.
- Experience with complex agreements, large contracts or other legal agreements.
- Experience leading enterprise-level projects.
- Business and financial acumen; insatiable intellectual curiosity with the desire of personal continuous improvement.
- Creative problem-solver and strong change agent.
- Self-motivated; strategic thinker with ability to drive results.
- Industry knowledge and market intelligent.
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally; estimated travel 15% - 20%
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Operates with integrity, conducts business through OC’s values
- Enterprise Thinking
- Growth & Curiosity Mindset
- Influence Leadership
- Clear & Concise Communications
- Project Management
- Operates with Speed & Focus
- Demonstrates Strategic Sourcing Expertise
- Excels in Supplier Relationship Management
- Strong financial acumen and business case development
- Commodity value chain cost analysis with emphasis on external market influences
- Problem solving and decision making through analytics and data #LI-KJ1