Toledo, Ohio, United States
MRO Sourcing LeadJob ID 60484
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The MRO Sourcing Lead is an individual contributor in the Global Indirect Sourcing organization and is responsible for developing, communicating and executing value generating sourcing strategies across the company for specified MRO categories. The MRO Sourcing Lead will develop and execute category strategies for the sourcing organization and support business manufacturing objectives. They will lead the sourcing process for their assigned categories, cultivate supplier relationships and partner with key stakeholders across the enterprise. The successful candidate will understand OC’s manufacturing environment, embrace TPM methodology and effectively connect the MRO category strategies to the business strategy inspiring new thinking, reducing total cost, and supporting the development of a “best-in-class” Global Indirect Sourcing organization.
Reports to: Global Category Leader - MRO
Span of Control: 0
Trusted Business Partner
- Develop and execute assigned MRO category strategies, which are consistent with OC’s business strategies and financial goals, encompass competitive & market intelligence and, when necessary, challenge established norms to unlock value and efficiencies for OC.
- Demonstrate a value creation mindset, driving results through productivity, price & working capital, effectively connecting results attainment to business impact through operational metrics (TPM) and financial results.
- Leverage TPM methodology and tools (cost deployment, spare parts criticality analysis, FI projects, etc)
- Collaborate across the enterprise to build strong connections, enrolling and aligning key internal stakeholders on the category strategy and specific value creation opportunities with clear communication on expectations to achieve results.
Supplier Relationship Management
- Manage performance of key MRO suppliers, establishing appropriate quality, service & price metrics, leading recurring business reviews and resolving performance issues as needed.
- Develop strong business relationships with all levels of key supplier base with focus on senior levels appropriately, cultivating value creation through joint ideation.
- Understand, measure and mitigate risk across the MRO supply base using an “outside in” perspective and regular calibration of supply / market risk, supplier health risk and OC’s position within the supplier’s customer portfolio.
- Ensure supplier operations are consistent with the global supplier code of conduct and OC values
- Partner with suppliers to help meet OC’s sustainability and incuslion and diversity goals
Strategic Sourcing Expertise
- Build expertise in the assigned MRO categories, acquiring the appropriate technical knowledge and business acumen through curiosity, leveraging network connections and self-directed learning.
- Apply data analytics to inform category strategy, measure category maturity progress, identify opportunities and provide insight to business and Global Sourcing leadership.
- Possess a deep understanding OC’s sourcing process, effectively leading sourcing activities for assigned MRO categories while maintaining compliance with systems, process and controls policies & standards.
- Employ competitive procurement methodology using formal request for quotation (RFQ) processes in order to best meet stakeholder requirements.
- Lead the negotiation and management of contracts / statements of work.
- Develop and implement sourcing initiatives that drive cost saving, inventory reduction and risk mitigation.
- Knowledge of and competence in contract terms and conditions, collaborating with internal legal counsel when warranted.
- Ability to connect sourcing actions to business impact for effective and efficient senior leadership reviews.
Supporting Global Talent Management
- Continuous focus on mastering Global Sourcing Key Capabilities core foundational skills.
- Proactive participate in the performance management and talent evaluation process.
- Actively pursue personal development with strong self-awareness and openness to coaching.
- Support peers throughout the function by providing feedback and coaching.
- Supports OC’s Diversity and Inclusion vision
- Regular MRO category reviews with Global Sourcing NLT and key stakeholders
- Monthly tracking of MRO program metrics, including MRO VCI’s, working capital improvements and established MRO KPI’s to measure program compliance, supply base consolidation, supplier performance, etc.
- Effective project management and delivery of established category projects.
- Risk assessment through supplier segmentation and scorecards.
- Execution against annual goals & objectives established with leader.
- An undergraduate degree in business, finance, engineering or related field of study; MBA preferred.
- 5 plus years of global sourcing, procurement (PR2PO) or relevant business or commercial experience (engineering, operations, finance, general management) with progressive responsibilities.
- Project management that drives impact, strong results and leads change.
- Demonstrated results based sorucing strategy development(MRO or related sourcing space preferred)
- Strong business system (SAP), office producticy tools, and equivalent systems capabilities
- Extensive experience in a global sourcing organization or relevant business/commercial experience with progressive responsibilities
- Experience in creating and implementing strategies at a comprehensive and global level within a corporate environment.
- Results and impact-driven business partner with experience in influencing decisions.
- Experience with complex agreements, large contracts or other legal agreements.
- Experience leading enterprise-level projects.
- Business and financial acumen;.
- Creative problem-solver and strong change agent.
- Industry knowledge and market intelligent.
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally; estimated travel 15% - 20%
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Operates with integrity, conducts business throuch OC’s values
- Enterprise thinking
- Growth & curiosity mindset
- Influence leadership
- Clear & concise communications
- Project management
- Operates with speed & focus
- Negotiation skills
- Strategic sourcing expertise (or operational/TPM expertise that applies to MRO Category)
- Excels in Supplier Relationship Management
- Strong financial acumen and business case development
- Problem solving and decision making through analytics and data
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and construction materials leader committed to building a sustainable future through material innovation. Our three integrated businesses – Composites, Insulation, and Roofing – provide durable, sustainable, energy-efficient solutions that leverage our unique material science, manufacturing, and market knowledge to help our customers win and grow. We are global in scope, human in scale with approximately 20,000 employees in 33 countries dedicated to generating value for our customers and shareholders, and making a difference in the communities where we work and live. Founded in 1938 and based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, Owens Corning posted 2021 sales of $8.5 billion. For more information, visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.