Toledo, Ohio, United States
Paralegal InternshipJob ID 54390
Location: Toledo, OH – United States
At Owens Corning, interns are treated like full-time employees—you will take on a great deal of responsibility and do impactful work all while engaging in a dynamic learning experience. Interns work side by side with Owens Corning employees as team members, and they are surrounded by an environment of support and continuous learning. As an intern at Owens Corning you make a difference to our business and your career!
Purpose of the Job:
Owens Corning is seeking a Paralegal intern to work closely with the attorneys, paralegals and staff members in our Law Department and to assist on a variety of projects. In order to be considered, you must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in Paralegal Studies. We believe that this will be a tremendous opportunity for the successful candidate to learn and grow professionally while experiencing what it is like to work “in-house.”
This paid internship will take place over the summer and require 40 hours per week.
Support the attorneys, paralegals and staff members in Owens Corning’s Law Department on a variety of projects and matters potentially including:
- Legal research and writing
- Compose routine written correspondence, documents, etc. as requested
- Support of:
- Merger & Acquisition matters
- Commercial related matters
- Litigation matters
- Employee related matters
- Environmental matters
- General Corporate matters
- Intellectual Property matters
- Sourcing and Real Estate matters
- Client contact and interaction
- Assist paralegals in project assignments
- Communication with outside attorneys, clients and vendors
- Any other matters that the Law Department may handle
- The ability to handle sensitive information in a highly confidential manner
- Excellent research, writing, and communication skills
- Highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently and in a group
- Entrepreneurial and business savvy
- Creativity and critical thinking skills
- Pursing bachelors degree in paralegal studies or equivalent field.
- A 3.0 overall or greater GPA desired.
- Exposure to world class Legal team
- Real work experience with challenging and meaningful assignments
- Networking opportunities and significant exposure to senior leadership
- Formal and informal personal and professional development activities
- Career exploration
- Project-specific training
- Accountability for work
- Competitive compensation
- Community service project and community involvement
- Social events to create a larger group of peers and relationships
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.