Toledo, Ohio, United States
Sales Intern (Summer 2020)Job ID 53508
Location: Participants will be assigned to Toledo, Ohio - United States
As an Owens Corning sales intern, you will have an opportunity to work in a world class sales organization and gain valuable exposure to sales strategies and business initiatives that are focused on meeting customer needs, adding value and driving revenue that span across our building material businesses. Expect challenging work in projects that support our customers and spend time job shadowing across our business units to gain a wide range of experiences in a short amount of time.
Position may be in one of three areas: Home Center sales, Insulation sales or our Roofing & Asphalt Distribution sales.
- Junior preferred, Sophomore still accepted
- Strong interest in a sales career in a global corporation
- Demonstrated leadership skills and competencies
- Strong intellectual /analytical capabilities and business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Initiative and independence
- Customer focus and relationship building
- Proficient use of MS Office suite
- Exposure to world class sales team
- Real work experience with challenging and meaningful assignments
- Networking opportunities and exposure to senior leadership
- Formal and informal personal and professional development activities
- Project-specific training
- Competitive compensation
- Tours of plant facilities
- Social events (Cedar Point, Toledo MudHens baseball games, etc.)
- Subsidized housing
- Working for a company that makes a positive impact on the world
Location of Assignment
World Headquarters in Toledo, Ohio
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.