Toledo, Ohio, United States
Senior HR Lead - XPS Foam PlantsJob ID 54821
The XPS Foam Human Resources (HR) Lead provides HR functional expertise and leadership to the three US based XPS Foam manufacturing plants (Gresham, OR, Rockford, IL and Tallmadge, OH). The role is accountable to execute people related strategies and plans that elevate the talent and capability of the teams within XPS Foam.
The HR Lead is a key role within our HR talent pipeline aimed at developing future HR leaders within our progressive, people focused work environment by creating opportunities to learn and grow. This position is intended to prepare individuals for promotional or expanded HR roles in the Company.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.
Reports to: Regional HR Leader
Span of Control: People Leader (1 direct report – HR Professional)
Developing and Executing HR Strategies: This role contributes to the development of HR Strategy, is accountable for implementing plans that elevate the talent capability of the supported organizations, and improves organizational results by measuring and assessing performance, effectively diagnosing root cause and implementing innovative solutions. The role will be accountable to develop and share HR best practices across the businesses and function and create talent management strategies that put the right people in the right roles to drive results.
- Partner with plant leadership teams to create the right culture by using the company’s talent management strategies and systems.
- Supports safety and engagement programs to ensure every people leader and employee are engaged and care for others, starting with safety.
- Leads employee relations to ensure the team is performing at the highest level. This includes working with field HR Leaders to ensure consistent execution of company policy and practices and compliance with all statutory regulations as required, to avoid litigation and third-party intervention.
- Improves organizational results by measuring and assessing performance, diagnosing opportunities and implementing solutions.
- Contributes to general business strategy discussions outside of the HR arena.
Business Partnership: The HR Lead is a trusted advisor and business partner to people leaders including senior leadership. The HR Lead contributes thought leadership to strategy discussions outside of the HR area and provides timely and meaningful coaching, with confidence and candor consistent with OC values.This role will coach and educate leaders, so they are fully capable and accountable to own, improve and accelerate business results.
Leading and Developing Talent: Leads, coaches and teaches leaders to create an environment where talent is developed through effective coaching, performance management and talent evaluation. Fills open positions with speed, and with fully capable talent, using the appropriate mix of internal promotions and external recruitment to meet near term performance and longer-term succession needs of the organization. Leverages and maximizes all tools, technology and resources to develop talent; including, OC Centers of Excellence and functional business team members. Is active in personal development and viewed as a model to peers and client groups.
- Invests in growth and development of direct reports and other identified talent.
- Develops a reputation and operates as a trusted advisor and business partner to the business and functional leaders, functioning as the expert on people and organizational issues.
- Knows, coaches, evaluates and teaches OC Leadership Capabilities to the leadership of the business / functional areas.
- Assists business / functional leaders with developing and delivering key communications to engage employees.
- Inspires teamwork across staff functions and other business groups to maximize the performance of Owens Corning and the development of people. Communicates business / function strategy and performance to external customers effectively and engages them in the vision of the business.
- Partners with the plant HR leaders to improve plant organizational results by measuring and assessing performance, diagnosing problems and implementing solutions.
- Partner with local technical college or other local resources to build relevant training programs to ensure a highly skilled technical workforce.
HR Functional Leadership
- Provides insight into resources and investments required to achieve the talent needs of the business, focusing on work design, organizational structure and people requirements.
- Partners with other leaders across the HR function to maximize performance, lead change and grow talent.
- Leads and supports safety and wellness strategy, initiatives and processes and is fully committed to zero recordable injuries.
- Functions as an effective member of the business teams.
- Acts as a role model for employees’ growth, development and fair treatment.
- Supports leaders in effectively working with their employees to develop and measure progress against employee development plans, including growth assignments.
- Utilizes capability modeling to identify skills needed in the future and use the information as a guide for development.
- Is regarded by employees of Owens Corning as a role model for their growth, development and conduct.
- Supports leadership to ensure consistent application of policies, programs and procedures focused on driving capability and performance to deliver on key business priorities, proven ability to conduct employee investigations ensuring effective review and follow-up.
- Owns all HR administrative functions including payroll, labor analytics, HRIS, administration of Variable Incentive Pay plan, employee records and resolution of employee inquiries related to wages, benefits, work practices, and policies.
- Facilitates training programs as needed throughout the year at various levels within organization: Primary, Front Line Leader and Site Leadership.
- Employee engagement - drives employee engagement and communication strategy/execution; leads engagement survey, data collection, communication, development and implementation of resulting action plans.
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Support – supports the assessment, training, and implementation of TPM, especially in the Training and Development Pillar; partners with other OC Insulation sites to share best practices and elevate the performance of the business as a whole.
- Leads Reward and Recognition programs, Wellness programs, and Community Involvement efforts for the plant.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources or a related field
- 3 years of HR experience, with a significant percentage in a manufacturing environment
- Proven track record of success in driving engaged organization by creating and implementing HR strategies.
- Proven track record of success in serving as a business partner to other business leaders and driving strong business results
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Flexibility to travel up to 50% of the time.
- HR Systems experience and understanding
- Understanding of the applicable labor laws and regulations, able to effectively communicate to employees and leaders the process and requirements involved
- Able to effectively achieve results through others
- Able to attract, develop and retain outstanding talent
- Able to implement successful employee relations strategies and programs
- Passionate about effectively developing, growing and retaining talent.
- Able to implement successful employee relations strategies and programs.
- Able to assess the environment and successfully identify opportunities and closing gaps to accelerate business performance.
- Able to measure and assess performance including developing and implementing metrics and operational reporting.
- Building and leading teams - All about talent, inspiration, performance management, self-knowledge.
- Effectively leads change, action and results
- Demonstrates understanding of the financials and metrics of the business. Shows appreciation for, understands and balances the needs of employees with the needs of the business
- Possesses a current professional knowledge of best practice human resources processes and tools including in the areas of performance management, compensation, recruiting, and talent development and succession management, for the ownership and implementation by leaders.
- Excellent communicator - written and oral, including presentation skills.
- Matrix master - Has the ability and confidence to work with senior executives across a highly-matrixed organization to drive solutions that result in impactful, measurable results.
- Engages and cares for others, starting with safety.
- Achieves results fast, individually and through teams – can synthesize data and multiple points of view quickly and creatively to arrive at balanced solutions. Has a strong bias for action.
- Demonstrates high learning agility and continually strives to learn, grow and improve
- Intelligent and conducts himself/herself with the highest ethical and moral standards
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products, manufacturing technologies, and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2019 sales of $7.2 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 65 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.