Toledo, Ohio, United States
Sourcing Category LeadJob ID 54299
The Business Category Lead, Wind/Rebar/Consumables in Sourcing Composites is accountable for developing sourcing strategy for the rebar and wind businesses and for consumables for the entire composites business to create value, drive global synergy, supplier management, risk mitigation, continuous improvement and supplier driven innovation. Additionally this position will be accountable to support key specific business projects that have major impact for the business.
This role is responsible for managing a $40MM direct spend of consumables and supports our 2 biggest growth buisnesses rebar and wind developing the strategy to source new materials. The position will lead the effort in contact with the 3 regions to utilize industry information and benchmarking, draw upon knowledge of the markets, interpret key stakeholder requirements, and leverage actionable data analytics to evaluate strategies, develop options, and execute tactics to deliver sustainable sourcing solutions.This position works closely with operations, finance, product and technical teams to drive the cost out strategy. For the Rebar and Wind businesses, this role is focused to develop the short and long term sourcing strategy for the third parties that will be required for both businesses. This role also serves as primary contact for Rebars and Wind Buisness leadership to develop, deepen and maintain trusted and collaborative relationships with stakeholders to ensure Sourcing is seen as a valued partner and appropriately involved in business decisions.
Performance for the role will be measured against specific sourcing metrics (inflation/deflation, value creation, working capital, et. al) and the development of strong third part suppliers for the Rebar and Wind business.
Reports to: Sourcing Composites Director
Live the Safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities.
- Implement a personal safety action plan and review with leader
Trusted Business Partner
- Drives buisness value by developing a global strategy and executing the strategy through their team ensuring lowest total cost of consumables and direct materials solutions into each of our manufacturing facilities worldwide.
- Effectively manages stakeholders across the business to drive strategy and build credibility around spend and productivity initiatives.
- Persuades, enrolls and aligns internal and external stakeholders to a specific vision or desired outcomes. Conveys opportunities in a way that inspires and energizes team members and business partners into action.
- Manages supply base, inflation and savings forecasts in a data driven manner accounting for potential short, medium and long-term risks and allocates resources to mitigate supply & supplier risk as necessary.
- Partners with the Sourcing business Directors, MRO sourcing team, COE team and other key stakeholders to deliver on the productivity objectives of the business.
- Develop the right MOC process and project management to achieve improvement.
- Inspires teamwork across business segments to maximize the performance of Owens Corning and the development of people.
- Teaches financial acumen and concepts to assure financial based decision making occurs at every level of execution within the strategy team
Supplier Relationship Management
Continuously builds intimate insight and knowledge of critical supplier base, their business, what is necessary for the supplier to be successful, and the value that our current and future global supplier delivers to the business.
- Ensure operations are consistent with the global supplier code of conduct and OC values.
- Provide leadership to the strategy execution team to deliver productivity by working with suppliers and business leadership.
- Develop strong business relationships with all levels of key supplier base with focus on senior levels appropriately.
- Visit suppliers regularly to assess their capabilities, and understand their business strategies and priorities.
- Ensure appropriate level of Supplier Management (including overall commercial account management) for supply base and make this a linchpin of continuous improvement for OC/supplier relationship and results.
- Develop strong understanding of key supplier industries through “outside in” perspective and regularly calibrate the contemporary state of this perspective.
- Benchmark our key suppliers regularly.
- Lead supplier management for category, including:
- Key account management
- Performance management platform
- Supplier recognition
- A process for auditing performance
- Lead the negotiating and codifying of key contractual relationships where and when appropriate.
Developing and Executing Category Strategy focused on creating value for the business
The Sourcing Leader has overall responsibility to ensure the attainment of category strategies that are thoughtfully developed and analyzed with focused insight on the external market including;
- Regional and global macroeconomic supply & demand trends
- Commodity availability & capacity including OC participation vs. overall market
- Supplier/commodity risk
- Product specifications
- Drive productivity, product innovation, and competitive advantage
- Leads Sourcing contribution to manufacturing productivity by working with suppliers, operations, and technology teams
- Works closely with OC Technology and Innovation Sourcing to develop technology options with our supplier base to lower total costs
- Drive supplier sustainability efforts
Strategy development will detail macroeconomic supply/demand fundamentals of the commodity, Suppliers participating in or producing required materials/services, SWOT & FMEA analysis, relevant savings, business case development, commodity lead ownership, and implementation plan.
Rebar business Partner:
- Be the sourcing partner of the Rebar general manager and sourcing main contact point for the Rebar NLTs.
- Strategic sourcing planning for Rebar: Align with Rebar GM and product managers on the new rebar source strategy and develop the third parties agreement with our legal team.
- Develop the new suppliers suppliers and execute the supply strategy with the right quality and delivery time.
- Work with rebars team to develop the best cost supply
- Align with operation team/finance team on inflation assumptions and productivity targets as part of the long range and operations planning process.
- Insure regional resource to execute the different programs with COE, S&T, CTSO and plants technical teams.
- Communication and connection with rebar GM to deeply understand strategy and communicate progress throughout the year with respect to results and key strategic initiatives.
Wind Operations Partner
- Be the sourcing partner of the Wind GM and sourcing main contact poing for the Wind NLT and plant leaders.
- Strategic sourcing planning for Wind: Align with Wind operation team on the productivity agenda and develop with the different plants the ops plan targets for the Wind business. Align with operations team on inflation assumptions and productivty targets as part of the long range and operations planning process.
- Insure regional resources execute the different programs with COE, S&T, CTSO and plan technical teams.
- Communication and connection with Wind GM to deeply understand strategy and communicate progress throughout the year with respect to results and key strategic initatives.
- Supoprt key project with project managment based on our RPM system
- Lead resources and work with project leader to remove obstacle
- Report project progress and develop the resource allocations with project leader
- Strategy development and regular reviews with Global Sourcing NLT and key business leaders
- Total Value Creation targets and monthly tracking across programs, business and segment built on negotiated cost reductions and material cost take out
- Cash flow improvement targets driven by business need executed through payment terms extension and/or supply chain financing along with inventory reductions
- Accurate inflation forecasting through the lens of an external market perspective and qualitative explanations for key assumptions
- Rebar supply strategy development
- Sets Annual Goals & Objectives with Director, Composites Sourcing
- An undergraduate degree in business, finance, engineering or related field of study; MBA preferred.
- 5 plus years of global sourcing experience leading category preferred. Relevant business or commercial experience (engineering, operations, finance, general management) with progressive responsibilities.
- Project management that drives impact, strong results and leads change
- Demonstrated strategy development and results in direct materials or related space.
- A successful candidate must have exceptional analytical skills and the initiative to take action. Facilitating change and building partnerships with multiple functions is critical.
- Experience at creating and implementing strategies at a comprehensive and global level within a corporate environment for supply chain or businesses.
- Strong team player, with experience and strong results in team-based matrix organizations geographically and functionally.
- An experienced global manager and motivator of teams, able to select, develop and retain high performing team; has significant experience managing teams across geographic boundaries and bringing fresh thinking to talent management and succession planning.
- Demonstrated track record of results, strong commercial orientation, with thorough understanding of financial statements, especially cash flow and cash generation, cost reduction, productivity, and working capital.
- Managing external perspective relative to macro-economic trends
- Application of data driven management through six sigma metrics, FMEA, SWOT, DMAIC
- Planning complex projects across multiple internal functions
- Demonstrated acumen on sourcing influence to financial metrics including; cash flow and EBIT
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Operates with integrity, conducts business throuch OC’ values
- Enterprise Thinking
- Growth & Curiosity Mindset
- Influence Leadership
- Clear & Concise Communications
- Project Management
- People & Talent Development
- Operates with Speed & Focus
- Demonstrates Strategic Sourcing Expertise
- Excels in Supplier Relationship Management
- Strong financial acumen and business case development
- Commodity value chain cost analysis with emphasis on external market influences
- Problem solving and decision making through analytics and data
- Wilingness to travel 30% of the time, including international travel
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.