Toledo, Ohio, United States
Supplier Management Leader, Sourcing ExcellenceJob ID 54302
The Supplier Management Leader reports to the Global Sourcing Excellence Director. This role is responsible to create, deliver and maintain the systems, processes and talent capability required to meet Owens Corning’s supplier management goals. The Supplier Management Leader will collaborate with Global Sourcing Leadership, category leaders, operations and plant personnel to set OC’s supplier management agenda. The Supplier Management Leader provides broad leadership in Sourcing and demonstrates OC’s values and a commitment to high performance.
This role is an active participant in both designing and implementing Global Sourcing’s Supplier Management framework. The position will collaborate with category leaders and leads, and business manufacturing operations to implement and maintain supplier quality management processes, ensure that the supplier relationship management processes are easy to use and meet the needs of the entire Global Sourcing Organization. The Supplier Management leader will provide thought leadership as it relates to establishing a practical and robust supplier management framework and act as a mentor and change agent towards all levels of the organization.
Reports to: Global Sourcing Excellence Director
Span of Control: TBD
Establish the Owens Corning strategy, agenda and framework for Quality & Supplier Management
- Collaborate with Global Sourcing Leadership, Category Leaders, Operations and plant quality leadership to establish a sustainable quality and supplier management framework.
- Create and maintain a supplier requirements manual for use by vendors.
- Create and maintain a supplier onboarding process.
- Establish and administer measurable and actionable Supplier and related Quality KPIs.
- Assure that any SRM processes/systems are easy to use, resolve the issues at hand and meet the needs of the entire global organization.
Standards, Policies and Work Instructions
- Provide clear, concise Policies/Standards and work instructions to the Global Sourcing Organization to assist in better job performance, internal audits and fewer audit findings.
- Owns and administers the OC supplier quality manual, supplier requirements standards and policies.
- Develop, maintain and distribute global sourcing expectations through sourcing quality manual (internal facing).
- Develop, maintain and distribute global sourcing expectations of supply base through sourcing supplier manual (external facing).
Supplier Management Technology Solutions
- Investigate and implement state-of-the-art technology solutions to improve supplier management experience and delivery.
- Leadership for the scoping, prioritization, and overall business case development for the various technical initiatives, and for leading the cross functional, corporate senior leadership steering team who are governing the initiatives over time.
- Design and Maintain a Supplier Segmentation Framework
- Establish and Maintain a Risk Mitigation and Contingency framework
Establish Supplier Performance scorecards, profiles and dashboards
- Provide performance analytics to the organization to measure suppliers, drive development and better overall supplier management.
Total Productive Maintenance
- Support Global Sourcing and the plant facilities in the implementation of a TPM system and framework.
Quality, Material Conformance and Purchase Acceptance Standards
- Create, implement and maintain supplier quality management processes that allow Owens Corning to recoup lost costs, require root cause analysis from the supplier and prevent recurrence.
- Relentlessly analyzes current processes and recommends improvements that drive efficiency.
- Identifies and implements solutions for resolving data quality/inconsistency across the Global Sourcing organization.
- Sponsors and supports data integrity audits to assess compliance with Global Sourcing & Data Governance standards.
- Establish and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all Global Sourcing Quality & Supplier Management activities.
- BA/BS degree in Sourcing, Supply Chain Management, Business, or similarly applicable
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience Global Sourcing/Procurement Supply Chain focused on supplier management solutions
- Proven success operating in and/or implementing a supplier management/performance/development framework
- Lean/ Six Sigma Green Belt or comparable preferred
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Project Management Experience
- Power BI
- Strategy Development & Implementation
- Supplier Management Software Usage/Implementation
- Statistical Analysis
- Quality Assurance skills
- Quality System Audit Experience,
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Process definition & development - Provides thought & influence leadership to all levels of the Global Sourcing organization
- Initiates action- Self-starter. Requires minimal oversight and supervision. Comes with proposals and solutions. Enlists leadership and direction appropriately. Demonstrates a sense of urgency to handle issues in a timely manner with follow-up to customers, suppliers and the plant as necessary.
- Stakeholder Management – proven ability to manage stakeholders in an ambiguous and matrixed environment
- Project Leadership – Proven track record of influencing leaders and leading large-scale programs involving global processes, teams and third-party resources. Shapes solutions by helping partners articulate what is needed to delivery required outcomes.
- Communication - clearly conveys relevant information and ideas with confidence and in a manner that inspires the audience. Adjusts approach to capture audience attention and ensures there is an understanding of the message. Ability to structure executive communications. Seeks to understand others through active listening. Applies to written, interpersonal and presentation communications
- Consultative Skills – Ability to collaborate effectively with business partners, propose solutions and achieve business benefits.
- Coaching and motivation – Ability to connect and inspire individuals at all levels in the organization to delivery strategic objectives. Develops people and talent pools
- Analytics and Decision Making – Skilled in trade off analysis, problem solving, recognizing issues, problems, or opportunities. Chooses appropriate action by formulating clear decision criteria and evaluates options by considering implications and consequences.
- Change Management- Demonstrated ability to influence others through effective communications and working relationships across diverse functional areas.
- Business acumen – ability to process large volumes of detailed data to make decisions that impact EBIT
- Results Oriented – takes initiative to deliver tangible, quantifiable results while demonstrating a growth mindset #LI-KJ1