Toledo, Ohio, United States
Supply Chain Leader - Mineral WoolJob ID 54517
The Segment Supply Chain Leader is accountable for the supply planning and fulfilment teams, which focus on the material planning and scheduling, order management and transportation execution functions of the supply chain. This leader is charged with balancing supply and demand while optimizing service, cost, and cash across a multi-plant network. The Segment Supply Chain Leader will be the primary point of contact for the business segment commercial leadership, and will work closely with the plants, including operations leaders, plant leaders, and local schedulers and sourcing professionals. This individual is a recognized leader demonstrating Owens Corning’s values and a commitment to high performance.
Reports to: Insulation Supply Chain Director
Span of Control: Up to 6 direct reports
Knowing the business, our customers, and the industry
- Primary point of contact to the business segment commercial leadership teams
- Develop relationships with key partners inside and outside the organization
- Have an intimate knowledge of our customers, product lines, and operations, in order to provide differentiated value to our customers while supporting the overall goals of the business
- Develop relationships with our customers and understands what it takes to ensure their success; apply customer insights to position the organization as our customers’ supplier of choice.
- Know what best-in-class service organizations do and obtain outside-in market insights to understand and then efficiently execute to make Owens Corning the “easiest to do business with”
- Translates organizational strategy into day-to-day priorities and action for the team
- Executes the business Sales and Operations Plan (S&OP)
- Collaborates with the S&OP Leader in network decisions to balance supply and demand across the network, ensuring material availability and fulfilment execution to meet service requirements
- Leads the execution of the supply chain – material planning, scheduling, order entry and transportation operations – to meet customers’ service requirements consistent with service guidelines and customer expectations
- Drives rigorous data analytics to identify root causes and corrective actions for service failures and near misses.
- Collaborate with plants to ensure execution of production schedules and track attainment
- Partner with sourcing and inbound logistics to assure consistent, reliable raw material supply to the plants
- Champions monthly operating rhythms, ensuring actions are taken to optimize service, cost, and cash performance
- Eliminate/minimize waste in supply chain processes
- Execute new product introductions and product extensions
- Execute service platforms to meet customers’ distribution and service models
- Execute focused supply chain strategies such as surge demand playbooks and customer inventory builds
- Create teamwork to maximize the performance of Owens Corning and the development our employees, both direct and indirect
- Ensure that process and systems requirements changes are communicated and coordinated with the appropriate information systems
- Ensure alignment with the following teams on key actions and supply chain targets: Commercial, Finance, Operations, the Supply Chain Centers of Excellence, both Logistics and Warehousing; Global Sourcing, and Science and Technology (S&T) – on key actions and supply chain targets
Leading and Developing Talent
- Regarded by the employees of Owens Corning as a role model for their growth, development and conduct
- Ensure roles within team have strong accountability and development opportunities
- Create an environment where talent is developed through effective performance management and talent evaluation
- Effectively build a diverse team with competent people using the appropriate mix of internal promotions and external recruitment to satisfy near-term performance, longer-term succession needs and to ensure the organization has the necessary outstanding talent.
- Invests in growth and development of team in the organization; engaged in personal development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, or related field, required
- APICS Certification or equivalent Supply Chain Professional Certification is desired
- 7 – 10 years leading a supply chain functional organization such as Planning, Logistics, Warehouse, Operations, or Sourcing
- Multi-functional experience in areas outside of the Supply Chain is preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of the appropriate levers and actions to take to achieve service and productivity objectives
- Planning and managing successful projects
- Attracting, developing, and retaining high performing talent
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Exhibits safety leadership in mindset and actions
- Ability to influence others through effective communication and working relationships across diverse functional areas
- Intellectually curious with a continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to understand and apply the external customer view and the service and value implications of our actions
- Planning and organizing ability specifically around balancing the needs of service, production, purchasing and inventories
- Skilled in trade off analysis, problem solving, and decision making
- Business acumen and analytical skills
- Ability to think strategically and execute strategic directions
- Ability to manage and control costs
- Initiates action; demonstrates a sense of urgency to handle issues in a timely manner with comprehensive follow-up to the appropriate parties
- Broad operating style, ability to adapt across cultures, environments and styles
- Forward thinking leadership abilities, including the ability to motivate and lead by example; encourage teamwork and effective communication
- Ability to travel domestic and internationally up to approximately 20% of the time #LI-KJ1
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.