Toledo, Ohio, United States
Tax AnalystJob ID 53990
The Tax Analyst contributes to Owens Corning’s success by preparing required tax filings and assisting with tax research, projects, planning and audits to ensure compliance with tax laws and minimize overall tax liabilities. The Tax Departments leadership is committed to training and mentoring team members in a wide variety of tax issues, facilitating the professional and technical development of each team member. In this position, you will experience a great team environment, excellent training and coaching, challenging project and compliance work, exposure and visibility throughout the company while working for a respected multi-national company.
Reports to: This position will report to the Federal and State Compliance Manager
Span of Control: Individual Contributor
- Primarily responsible for preparation of federal, state and US international tax returns
- Performing tax technical research as necessary and documenting tax positions
- Assist in responding to federal, state and local tax audit inquiries and jurisdictional tax notices
- Participate in the quarterly and year-end provision process including reviewing tax provision reporting packages and performing US tax provision tasks as assigned
- Participate in the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (“FATCA”) compliance work related to both internal and external vendors including reviewing submitted Form W-8’s and preparation of Form 1042s
- Participate in tax planning projects as assigned
- Collaborates with the Business Units and Global Tax personnel as well as cross-functional departments
- Assist tax managers with special projects and other tax related work as needed
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related area required. CPA certification, a MS in Taxation or JD, preferred.
- At least 2 years tax experience in a company or in public accounting
- Working knowledge of Excel required
- Knowledge of tax return preparation software (CorpTax desired), tax research software (RIA, BNA research tools desired) and general ledger software (SAP desired).
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Basic understanding of tax law and ability to research tax topics to stay current on changes in tax law
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well organized and resourceful to ensure get things done. Lays out tasks in sufficient detail to mark the trail and can work on multiple tasks at once without losing track. Foresees and plans around obstacles.
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills: Ability to work credibly and collaboratively with interdepartmental tax and finance teams
- Demonstrated the ability to drive results in difficult situations in a timely and effective manner
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.