Toledo, Ohio, United States
TPM Academy Learning & Development SpecialistJob ID 59237
Designs, implements, and evaluates TPM training and professional development programs.
Location: Owens Corning World Headquarters – Toledo, OH
Reports to: Leader of TPM Academy and Leader Development
Span of Control: No direct reports
Staff and Career Development: Knowledge of available internal and external learning resources and ability to address learning, training, and career development needs of individuals, teams or organization.
- Accesses organization's career development and learning resources.
- Explains organizational policies, practices and resources for staff development.
- Documents own and team's developmental needs.
- Describes career development concepts.
Curriculum Design: Knowledge of methods, tools and techniques of curriculum design; ability to develop an instructional delivery system that meets the learning needs of a given population in a timely fashion.
- Documents examples of the specific learning events and interventions that comprise a curriculum.
- Identifies alternative delivery approaches and associated design considerations.
- Seeks basic concepts behind designing a solution to address a learning need.
- Clarifies general principles that one can follow in creating a curriculum.
Employee Development Strategies: Knowledge of employee development objectives and methods; ability to design, implement and monitor an organization's employee development strategies.
- Documents examples of successful training programs within different organizations.
- Identifies the key programs, tools, and systems used for employee development within an organization.
- Collects cost information for training programs and systems in an organization.
- Explains how development plans vary depending on the level or role of the employee.
Training Delivery: Knowledge of methods and tools of training delivery; Ability to deliver learning solutions for desired training outcomes
- Implements adjustments to training in light of audience feedback.
- Selects suitable delivery methods for different training sessions.
- Participates in delivery of training via various methods for existing lesson plans.
- Defines key learning objectives for training sessions.
- Documents and reports problems that arise during training sessions.
Training Programs Management: Knowledge of processes and procedures of training programs management; ability to design, implement, evaluate and develop an organization's training programs to achieve high business performance.
- Assesses training needs through surveys and interviews with staff and line managers.
- Assists in developing primary plans, structures and content for training programs.
- Delivers general training courses in line with training objectives.
- Selects appropriate training programs for different levels in the organization.
- Researches information to enhance training material content design and development.
- Bachelor’s degree required (one of: business, instructional design, human resources, organizational development or related field)
- Minimum 2 years of professional training and development experience, preferably in a manufacturing setting
- Direct experience with TPM methodologies, particularly T&D Pillar
- Strong planning and organizing skills
- Able to structure diverse materials
- Able to communicate effectively with Subject Matter Experts across diverse regions and cultures
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Competitively drives results
- Models resilience
- Creates an inclusive environment
- Learns from reflection
- Embodies a growth mindset
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and construction materials leader committed to building a sustainable future through material innovation. Our three integrated businesses – Composites, Insulation, and Roofing – provide durable, sustainable, energy-efficient solutions that leverage our unique material science, manufacturing, and market knowledge to help our customers win and grow. We are global in scope, human in scale with approximately 20,000 employees in 33 countries dedicated to generating value for our customers and shareholders, and making a difference in the communities where we work and live. Founded in 1938 and based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, Owens Corning posted 2021 sales of $8.5 billion. For more information, visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.