Toledo, Ohio, United States
Workforce Planning SpecialistJob ID 54355
The Workforce Planning Specialist provides support for the administration and oversight of our contact center systems, to include on-call responsibilities. This role is responsible for the scheduling and short-term forecasting of required Customer Operations personnel and Get Pink teams via the Optimizer system to achieve service level objectives for fax, email, and phone contacts. Additionally, this position manages schedule exceptions inclusive of time-off management. This individual will form a strong alliance with the Customer Operations and Get Pink Team Leaders and Lead Specialists by providing analytics and recommendations relative to service level management, contact routing, schedules, and staffing.
Reports to: GBS – Order Fulfillment Leader
Span of Control: Individual role with assigned responsibilities
Prepare and communicate weekly schedules and associated staffing requirements.
- Utilize optimization tool/technology to facilitate the preparation and communication for publishing weekly schedules. Scheduling is expected to consider historical data, updated volume assumptions, planned events, and absenteeism. Establish and communicate weekly agent schedules and manage necessary exceptions.
- Fully leverage the capabilities of the Workforce management system (Optimizer) and train others accordingly.
- Track and report staffing forecast to actual volume as a means for monitoring service levels and make recommendations that meet customer and business needs.
Manage and track adjustments to published schedules. Ensure the tracking of attendance on customer service specialists scorecards is maintained with accuracy.
- Maintain Scheduler email boxes and adjust schedules accordingly.
- Maintain the time off database and incorporate attendance data into service level performance analysis.
Assist with daily contact center operations regarding service metric attainment.
- Perform intra-day monitoring and analysis of service level performance, call volume, abandon rate, handle time, attendance, schedule adherence, shrinkage, and call quality.
- Collaborate with Customer Operations and Get Pink Leadership to Initiate real-time corrective actions to ensure acceptable service levels.
- Understand, organize, and present performance data to educate and influence leadership.
- Make recommendations to optimize staffing and service level attainment.
- Solve problems with speed and ensure customers’ needs are the highest priority in our day-to-day operations.
- Recommend appropriate routing adjustments to optimize the customer experience while maintaining service levels.
Implement enhancements and provide on-going support to contact center technology systems inclusive of call routing, audio and screen recording, quality management, customer surveys, workforce management systems, IVR, and SQL database.
- Work with technology vendors to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Respond to requests sent to the SCIS Helpdesk mailbox.
- Provide on-call support as needed.
- Maintain strong vendor relations.
- Establish business partnerships with applicable GIS counterparts and vendors.
- Assist with Contact Center contingency planning.
- Plan and develop enhanced routing or other contact center technology structures.
- Test and monitor newly deployed contact center capabilities.
Provide analytics regarding call center operations.
- Track and analyze volume and staffing trends.
- Communicate opportunities for improvement to customer operations leadership
- Assist in the development of any reports and/or processes that increase the ability of the contact center to effectively and accurately achieve performance results. Actively help drive State of the Business meetings.
- Participate in Customer Operations Team Leader huddles with frequency to share results, identify opportunities, and collaborate in making change.
Ensure continuous stream of benchmarking and best practice information relative to contact center technology and practices.
- Participate in call center technology forums.
- Routinely provide updates to Customer Operations regarding industry practices/changes.
- Implement relevant practices and make recommendations for necessary changes.
- Proven ability to apply analytics to decision making
- Must be a proven quick learner who embraces and leads change
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent follow-through skills
- Adaptable in a high stress environment
- Knows how to communicate effectively to employees at all levels of the organization
- Has a strong analytical acumen
- Technical aptitude with the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Works effectively both independently and with a team
- Calm under pressure
- Manages time well—prioritizes effectively
- Learns quickly and adapts accordingly
- Likes connecting with people – meets people on their level
- Can convey technical speak into layman’s terms
- Loves to learn—enjoys understanding the details of things
- Good listener—works with team to understand how to best solve a problem
- Visible work ethic
- Operates with integrity
- Continuously improves- makes self and others better#LI-KJ1
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.