Wabash, Indiana, United States
Maintenance ElectricianJob ID 57951
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Maintenance Electrician is an hourly position and reports to the Maintenance Shift Leader. The Electrician assists in the installation and repair of electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment. This role also provides maintenance repairs to industrial machinery as needed to keep a continuous manufacturing process supported. Use of man lifts, forklifts, hoists and all electrical testing equipment is required. Must work safely and follow all documented and “common sense” safety policies and procedures.
This individual is expected to perform as a professional, highly skilled and exceptionally competent maintenance person. They must be able to analyze causes of breakdowns and carry out corrective measures.
- Notify your supervisor immediately of any accident, near miss or on- the -job injury when it occurs no matter how insignificant it may seem.
- Take personal ownership to work safely every day and hold other team members to the same high standards of safety
- Basic industrial electrical code. (local compliance issues)
- Capability to read schematics and P&ID drawings
- Fusing, thermal overload protection, wire sizing, motor theory, etc.
- AC, DC and Servo drive system (basics)
- Be able to safely conduct motor control and power circuit troubleshooting. Understand fuse sizing, take motor amp readings, understand basic DC motor control, etc.
- Ability to fully troubleshoot drives-DC and AC variable frequency, and communicate technically with outside technical support when needed. Basic understanding of control PID loops. Basic understanding of electrical noise and its impacts.
- Basic Skills, pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanical gear
- Install and repair complex industrial equipment
- Helps to Maintains all Plant electrical and electronic sys.
- Assist in the development of PM and Predictive maintenance program for all motors and panels
- Diagnose malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken components.
- When appropriate or when plant decides lead efforts for electrical root cause analyzes
- All other duties as assigned or needed
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a US citizen or have the right to work in the US
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience and/or training in an industrial/manufacturing environment, preferred
- Experience operating powered industrial equipment such as forklift; preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must work well in team environment
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have the ability to do basic mathematical calculations
- Must possess PC operational skills
- Must be willing to travel up to 5% of the time
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Operate a computer or other keyboard instrument
- Be or become proficient in SAP system
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position requires:
- Regular attendance on site and the ability to work varying or rotating shifts and mandatory overtime
- Wearing respirator protection – frequently
- Can tolerate extreme cold/heat, as well as damp conditions.
- Exposure to noise- continuously
- Lifting/carrying/moving up to 40 pounds
- Stand and/or sit for extended prolonged periods during 8- hour shift
- Handle, control or feel: objects, tools and controls
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2020 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 66 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.