Wabash, Indiana, United States
Maintenance TechnicianJob ID 56326
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Mechanic is responsible for the reliability, performance, repair and maintenance of mechanical devices in the plant, including pneumatic and hydraulic devices. In addition, the Mechanic is responsible for repairs and maintenance on electrical devices consistent with their training. The mechanic acts as a process expert for this multi-craft job dealing with mechanical specialist and electrical responsibilities related to the mechanical function. This includes reacting to process and equipment issues, preventive and predictive maintenance, as well as elimination of special cause variation while driving safety & quality and optimizing plant efficiency.
Reports to: The Maintenance Mechanic is an hourly position reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Follows all Owens Corning safety policies and procedures
- Utilizes machines, equipment and measuring instruments to perform tasks including, but not limited to; precision alignment, predictive maintenance, balancing, welding, pipe fitting, equipment repair.
- Utilizes journeyman multi-functional mechanic and basic electrical knowledge in order to preserve and optimize plant assets and to meet the needs of manufacturing.
- Provides support and leadership to other craft and non-craft employees in the performance of maintenance tasks.
- Cooperates with others, plans and performs operational maintenance, including lubrication, to machinery and equipment associated with plant operations.
- Performs the job of trainer for production, apprentice and other craft personnel as related to craft work.
- Utilizes computer expertise to complete records and reports and manage data (includes SAP, work orders, inventory, failure & trend analysis sheets, checklists, requisitions, audit sheets, etc.).
- Utilizes basic carpentry skills as needed for the position.
- Utilizes fork lift, cranes, and other related mobile equipment, license obtained where necessary.
- Develops & maintains skills and knowledge of the job classification on a continuing basis by participating in formal and informal training situations related to the position.
- Works from information obtained from simple or complex diagrams, engineering drawings, sketches, equipment manuals, and also written or verbal instructions needed to perform assigned duties.
- Performs other tasks and duties within scope as necessary and in agreement with the lead
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a US citizen or have the right to work in the US
- Pass drug screen prior to employment
- Acceptable background check
- Pass pre-employment physical
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience and/or training in an industrial/manufacturing environment highly preferred.
- Two year Associates degree in technical related field highly preferred
- Experience operating powered industrial equipment such as forklift, Bobcat, overhead cranes, and hoists preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must have strong process acumen and high mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to secure and maintain job related qualifications and certifications as required by the nature of this position
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must work well in team environment
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have to ability to do basic mathematical calculations
- Must possess PC operational skills
- Must maintain schedule flexibility to ensure smooth production
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Operate a computer or other keyboard instrument
- Be proficient in SAP system
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regular attendance on site and the ability to work varying shifts
- Wearing respirator protection – frequently
- Exposure to hot/cold temperature- continuously
- Exposure to noise- continuously
- Lifting/carrying/moving up to 40 pounds
- Stand for extended prolonged periods during 8 hour shift
- Work overtime as needed
- Meet the physical demands of the work environment
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2020 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 66 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.