Waxahachie, Texas, United States
CrewpersonJob ID 46328
Location: Waxahachie, Texas - United States
The entry-level position at this plant is the crewperson. Crewpersons have a wide variety of job assignments that include operating packaging equipment, driving forklifts, stacking our products, performing cleaning duties, and general production labor. Heavy lifting is sometimes required. Products can weigh over 100 lbs (assistance may be provided). The production area is not climate controlled - temperatures in work areas can be hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
Employees will be assigned to work on a 12 hour rotating shift schedule.
Earplugs, bump cap/hard hat and safety glasses are required in the manufacturing area and are provided. Long pants and safety toe shoes are also mandatory. Hair longer than shoulder length must be constrained in a cap or hair net. This is a union facility: promotions are based on seniority, provided employees are qualified to perform the work.
Owens Corning offers an excellent benefits package including Vacation, Medical and Dental Insurance, 401k Plans, and a Variable Incentive Plan.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements:
- High School Diploma/ GED
- 2 years manufacturing, industrial or military experience preferred
- Must be at least 18 years old and legally able to work in the United States
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. and willing to work 12 hour rotating shifts
- Must pass pre-employment literacy test, physical exam, drug/alcohol screening, and background check
- Applications must be filled out completely - incomplete applications will not be considered.