Waxahachie, Texas, United States
Electrical MechanicalJob ID 54128
Position available for a senior industrial electrician in a Fiberglass manufacturing facility. Position will troubleshoot, repair, and maintain electrical equipment such as motors, conveyor systems, PLC programs, production machines, material handling equipment, AC/DC drives, power and lighting systems, blending/mixing systems, etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Diagnose and repair electrical issues on all plant equipment.
2. Perform preventative maintenance tasks using CMS system (SAP).
3. Complete work orders in a timely manner to the highest quality standards.
4. Daily reporting of all work performed - effective shift pass downs and electronic entries.
5. Maintain complete personal tool inventory necessary to perform job functions.
6. Perform all tasks in accordance with company safety and GMP policies/guidelines.
7. Order/generate parts requests and help to maintain adequate inventory organization and help maintain accurate stock status.
8. Maintains safe and clean working environment at all times
9. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Electrical Skills (including but not limited to):
1. Ability to work safely. Maintain a safe work environment; communicate issues and take corrective actions when safety issues arise. Strong understanding of OSHA safety guidelines. Execute and maintain safety procedures in order to eliminate all accidents.
2. Proficient with Allen Bradley PLC systems and variable speed drives.
3. Proficient with operating equipment installation and troubleshooting.
4. Experience running, maintaining, and troubleshooting high-speed manufacturing equipment.
5. Perform preventative maintenance on all production equipment in accordance with the established schedule that is determined and assigned by the department supervisor. En-sure preventative maintenance tasks are completed.
6. Overhaul, dismantle, and reassemble equipment.
Additional Skills Required
1. Maintain computerized daily work logs and update equipment and performance records.
2. Complete work orders for equipment repairs and parts.
3. Oversee major projects, i.e., new equipment installation, major equipment modifications, etc.
4. Design and install improvements to equipment to enhance quality, safety, or increase of production.
5. Read and understand electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics, blueprints, and equipment drawings and manuals.
6. Maintain good housekeeping in all production areas and shop.
7. Use of data, internet, and catalogs to locate equipment parts SAP experience a plus.
8. Ability to make continuous process improvements.
9. Familiar with Six Sigma and 5S work practices.
10. Self-motivated, open-minded, intuitive team player with a good working attitude and good interpersonal skills, and a solid work ethic.
11. PC proficient using MS Office.
12. Experience with computerized mechanical maintenance systems (SAP, MP2, etc).
13. Capable of working without direct supervision, capable of following verbal and written instructions with minimum supervision.
14. Ability to work independently as well as efficiently in a team environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Must be 18 years or older.
2. High School diploma or GED.
3. Must be able to pass a pre-employment literacy test (ACT WorkKeys)
4. Possess minimum of two years technical training and/or five-plus years of proven related electrical experience or an equivalent combination of both education and experience. Department of Labor Electrical certification a plus.
5. Must be able to complete forklift and man lift certifications.
6. Be able to work 12-hour shifts, overtime, and weekends/holidays as scheduled.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.