Waxahachie, Texas, United States
Sourcing Specialist IIJob ID 54855
The Sourcing Specialist is a member of the Waxahachie Plant Sourcing Team. The role is responsible for performing sourcing activities related to services, MRO, raw materials, capital purchases, request for quote (RFQ), supplier selection, terms & conditions negotiation, and contract management.The incumbent will have thorough knowledge of materials replenishment planning. They will support the development and implementation of sourcing projects to best satisfy the needs of the customer, operations and finance. They are responsible for the execution of processes to ensure the sourcing function is meeting all plant operational requirements, sustaining Sarbanes Oxley compliance, driving productivity through sourcing initiatives, and leading corporate sourcing directives.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.
Reports to: Controller and dotted line to Corporate MRO Sourcing Leader.
Living the safety stand and adhering to safety responsibilities
- Ensures a safety focus in all sourcing processes and builds a culture where safety is the priority
- Conduct and document Hazard Identifications, Safe Behavior Observations, facility audits, etc.
Knowing our Customers
- Develops, implements and manages sourcing procedures and processes to ensure the plant receivesthe right materials in the right quantity at the right time.
- Management of supplier compliance to contracts, risk mitigation, and develop contingency plans.
- Lead and guide all “outsourced” storeroom activities by leveraging company policies and procedures and Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
- Lead spare part, direct materials and packaging inventory optimization efforts.
- Ensure critical parts are available when needed.
- Key business partner with manufacturing operations
- Negotiate and execute MSA’s, PSA’s, Consulting Agreements, Statements of Work, and leases ≤ $250,000
- Lead and conduct detailed RFx scoping sessions with stakeholders and/or assist in the development, release and coordination of RFI/RFQ/RFPs throughout supplier selection and contracting process
- Lead negotiations with external suppliers and work with internal stakeholders to ensure all negotiations bring long term enterprise value, represent our core values and strengthen supplier relationships.
- Identify and negotiate risk mitigation strategies through contract terms and conditions and supplier relationship management.
- Interact with suppliers and internal stakeholders in ensuring a flawless procurement process
- Adhere to all company and sourcing policies and procedures.
- Monitor and act on slow moving and obsolete spare parts and raw materials.
- Acts as a back-up for Divisional Sourcing as directed
- Assist with project implementation / change management initiatives when called upon
Continuous Improvement and Compliance:
- Improve process performance by developing new and innovative ideas to achieve organization outcomes, including cost reduction and working capital initiatives
- Learn and ensure compliance with Owens Corning’s policies, processes and procedures and identify opportunities to standardize and eliminate waste.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
- 3+ years of professional experience required (experience in a manufacturing environment preferred)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively. Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues. Highly effective at initiating and leading cross-functional teams by building internal and external relationships that create alignment.
- Process-oriented. Demonstrates basic level of business and financial acumen and analytics, critical thinking and problem solving, and decision making through analytics and data.
- Change agent. Comfortable designing for the future, while managing day-to-day project requirements. Never satisfied with status-quo, continually striving for excellence. Ability to operate and execute effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and challenging deadlines.
- Results Oriented. Energetic, resourceful, with strong service orientation and positive can-do attitude. Fully committed to the job and to delivering outstanding results.
Strategic Thinker. Forward-thinking and creative individual with the ability to take difficult situations and turn them into positive opportunities.
- Strong negotiator
- Intelligent and conducts himself/herself with the highest ethical and moral standards #LI-KJ1
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products, manufacturing technologies, and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2019 sales of $7.2 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 65 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.