Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
Team LeaderJob ID 54392
Team Leader role provides leadership and support while directing and coordinating activities of production employees to ensure achievement of productivity targets and conformance to schedules and quality requirements. The Team Leader leads, directs, facilitates, coaches, supports and develops the Shift Team members while creating a highly engaged work environment. These actions shall allow the Shift Team to build and maintain a work environment that is characterized by openness, trust, consistency, mutual respect and ethical behavior. All of the above shall provide the foundation for the Shift Team to exceed all customer expectations. The Team Leader is totally engaged in all operation job functions with his/her Shift Team. This engagement shall lead and facilitate the Shift Team to meet and exceed all department safety, quality and productivity objectives. The Team Leader shall be qualified in all job functions within the operation and shall provide support to his/her team as needed. This represents manufacturing products and maintenance as required. The role performs all duties and responsibilities consistent with the nature of the job as directed by management.
- Keeps the Shift Team focused on safe work behaviors to create and maintain a safe, positive, and clean accident free culture.
- Performs Behavioral Based Safety Observations on all team members each month and records in database.
- Takes action to address unsafe work behaviors. Creates safety work orders as needed
- Takes action to eliminate unsafe conditions utilizing appropriate methods.
- Ensures all environmental systems are operating as designed and all environmental data is being obtained and recorded as per instructions.
- When an incident occurs, takes the lead role to ensure the welfare of the employee and then begins the I-4 investigation.
- Contacts EHS Leader and Plant Leader to notify of incident and status or support needed.
- Conducts safety communication meetings and posts safety data as needed.
- Quality/Customer Satisfaction/Continuous Improvement
- Reviews all Product Characteristic tests results each shift with operators and ensures corrective actions are taken as needed.
- Reviews all machine Critical Process Variables (machine setup) each shift with the operators and ensures all CPV’s are within control.
- Coordinates and facilitates product job/style changes to meet the production schedule and customer expectations. Verifies machines are set up correctly via sign off.
- Audits Shift Team job functions to ensure compliance to Standardized Work Instructions and maintains record of findings.
- Ensures hold material is segregated, retested, released or scrapped as directed.
- Conducts quality communication meetings and posts quality data as needed.
- Ensures Shift Team members are present for work and on the job at start of shift.
- Manages labor in operation to meet safety, quality and productivity expectations.
- Maintains all production records as required.
- Provides assistance to daylight or shift maintenance in changing process equipment and parts as needed to maximize operational stability and downtime to a minimum.
- Ensures all production process equipment is operating and ensures appropriate personnel are addressing process equipment deficiencies.
- Conducts productivity communication meetings and posts productivity data as needed.
- People Systems
- Coaches all Shift Team members to be safe and productive team members. Coaches to improve performance as needed and maintains records.
- When deficiencies continue, or lack of expected improvement occurs, review records with the Plant Leader.
- Works with the Plant Leader to develop an improvement plan for the Shift Team member and implement as directed under his or her direction.
- Makes needed recommendations for training to improve performance and engagement of Shift Team member.
- Handles multiple issues and coaches team member as needed to ensure expectations and priorities are met.
5. Education / Certificates / Skill Assessments/Job Requirements
- High School or GED Diploma; Associates degree or higher highly preferred
- 3+ years of Manufacturing Experience required
- 2+ years of people leadership experience required for external applicants
- Ability to work both days and nights (rotating 12-hour shift)
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.